Monday, October 15, 2012

Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense (01 Black)





Details from clinique.com:

No need to be subtle when it's now so easy to move into the deepest, most dramatic range. Find all the intensity of a liquid liner in one simple stroke. Silky formula glides on. Stays on all day. Never needs sharpening. "Smoke" with the smudge tip on the opposite end. Ophthalmologist Tested.

Swivel up only 1/8-inch (pencil does not retract to avoid exposing formula to air, which is drying). Line eyes. Use the tool on the opposite end to gently smudge colour to desired effect. Allow colour to set for 60 seconds to ensure transfer-resistance. Recap securely after using to protect the silky formula. Can be used alone or over eye shadow. Remove with your favourite Clinique eye makeup remover.







The black line it create is intense and smooth. The line is small enough but not super fine. Enough to create a line for the eyes or smoky eyes. The rubber at the other end helps blend the eyeliner, I need to do it fast since it dries up pretty fast, I think less than 60 seconds to set. A firm small brush will help as well if I want to create a softer look and gradually adding the intensity.




I need to practice on blending the eyeliner, clearly seen that the eyeliner is darkly intense and a gentle stroke will be suffice.

Above are my before after images and after the eyeliner sets it was really set well. Smudge proof and really long lasting. A little bit sticky, like 1 out of 10. Resist water and I need my waterproof makeup remover to clean it since normal facial wash wont do.

When I use a thick eye cream it will smudge, but when I use an eye gel or cream that's light and non greasy, it will not smudge.

I love the fact that I don't need to sharpen it but at first when it was quite 'sharp' it's wonderful, later on, will become dull and rounded edge which means . . . yes, thicker lines.





Overall, will I keep using it? Definitely, it's easier than cream/gel/liquid eyeliner. Softer and smoother than pencils. Long lasting, intense black and convenient.

Ah-may-zing level? A for Ah-may-zing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment