Monday, August 13, 2018

Otsuka Jelly Collagen C Placenta C Hyaluronic Acid C

Hello lovelies,

I can't believe after all these years and so many boxes of jellies I bought every time I visited Japan, I didn't make any review, not even once. I always asked by many people what kind of beauty supplement I consume in daily basis, and it's always these, Otsuka Jelly or perhaps some even know it (now) as Earth Jelly.

-*-




The products come in three variants, each of them is different, the only similarity is that it's in sachet, individually wrapped on a box for a month. There's pink, orange and blue, what are those? Let's see one by one.

-*-






The orange one is placenta jelly, comes in mango flavor. The pink one is collagen, with mangosteen extract (oh wow mangosteen is a real hit in Japan too) with fish collagen, and the blue one is hyaluronic acid that taste like pear or they said it themselves, French taste.

-*-



These are the appearance of the jellies in sachet, so they are so easy to consume, just one per day, that's why they sell them in boxes packaging. 1 box contain 31 jellies. Since they are supplement, taking them in the long run are the one that made the differences. So, if you can't committed yourself in consuming them on daily basis for months and months, I don't think you can get the optimum benefit.

-*-



Let's begin with the pink one, which is collagen, this is the first type I consume since years and years ago, I think it's around 2012. The jellies are sold in beauty shops like Matsumoto and other drug store all over Japan. I think the price is around 2000 Yen gives and take, I think I got mine around 1800 Yen.

-*-



Next is the Placenta Jelly in mango flavor, please by all means, click on any image if you want to read all the details including the ingredients of the jellies. The pink one is fish collagen while the orange yellow one is from pig. So there you go, those who can't eat pig or perhaps pure vegetarian, I can only say, sorry.

-*-




Last but not least, here are the last one of their variant, in blue, like the perfect resemblance to hydration since it is hyaluronic acid, for hydrating the skin in general.

-*-

So if you noticed that all the supplements have C it means that they all contain Vitamin C, the amount might be differ one to another but they all have.

I think the company is very good in making these jellies, they have created trend, a way to eat beauty supplement simpler than any other brand (like Meiji with their collagen powder, or most brand with pills), these jelly is way more fun to consume and perfect for traveling too. I took one per day and just by counting the sachet as per days of traveling and I'm good to go. They don't need special packaging, fit to the slimmest purse and easy to be opened.

-*-





Look how delicious they look, the jellies are irresistible. There's differences in texture too, the berries which is collagen (pink) is the one that more like agar, not as fragile as agar, still in jelly consistency, but slightly like agar, breakable. While the yellow (placenta) and blue one (hyaluronic acid) is a much more former in texture, and I think the hyaluronic acid is the firmest of them all, I can wiggle it as much as I want and it wont break. And yes, I do love to play with my food, that's why I know.

-*-



Regarding the taste,

The blue one is the freshest one with a sweet pear flavor, I don't really relate the feeling like French taste as describe by the brand. More like something that taste good and easy to consume, even my kids are loving it, not that I want to give them but the texture and appearance of the jelly made them really want to try.

And this variant have mild sweetness, while mango (yellow) is the sweetest of them all.

-*-


The orange yellow one, which is mango flavor, has no scent or feeling like eating placenta whatsoever (thank goodness), so I don't feel any weirdness in consuming, like eating a jelly, mango jelly that is.

Like said above this one is the sweetest of them all and don't think of it like a regular jelly that taste super sweet, but comparing between these three, in moderation, the sweetness is still mild.

-*-



And the collagen, the pink one with berries, it have that sweet and sour flavors like eating berries. This one is red, juicy, and kinda like berry jam.

I've been consuming this variant the longest, perhaps they are one of the reason my skin is looking better and healthier. It may not make me appear younger, but delays aging as they are antioxidant too.

There are pros and cons whether the supplement (any supplement) for the skin really can made differences on the skin since the metabolism and absorption are differ one to another and it may not even reach the skin (the nutrition).

However, there are many people in Japan who appear so much younger than they actual age and claim to consume these beauty supplement for years, so I guess, in the end, they do help, when taken correctly, in the right dose over the period of time and with healthy lifestyle.

-*-




Like using skincare on daily basis, the effects are gained afters continually using it on daily basis and when used properly, I personally believe, these beauty supplement are similar. Hence, never stop taking care of yourself using any means possible with the correct attitude and healthy diets, habit and overall happiness. We all know, a happy heart is a key to perfect health.

Thank you for reading my post, see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment