Monday, August 23, 2010

Step 2 Tones/Soften

2. Tones/Soften.

Some brand use Toner, while some use Softening or lotion. Some use pump and you can easily spray them while some need cotton, and some use your palm to pat them in.





The above image is Toners, use after cleansing, with a cotton balls or facial cotton, pour them on and tap your skin with it to help close the pores or tighten the pores.





The above image is a pump spray version, can be use as a toner or lotion or refreshed your tired skin anytime you want to, I love Clinelle, the toner is perfect for me. It soothes my skin and during sun bathing it is a must to use this product to help my skin to de-stress. I remember bringing Clinelle Soothing Skin Toner on my beach break. Staying on the sun most of the time gives me and my husband a sunburn. Our skin becomes so sensitive and 'baked' like a pink prawn. Clinelle is a skin saver during time like this. This is the first time I'm using Clinelle, can't wait to try more of their products.




There also a pump version but not spray, like this Korean brand. And after pumping it on my palm/cotton I pat them on my clean skin, it prepares my skin for moisturizing or mask. I like pump better compared to conventional bottle since I found it more hygienic and less messy.





Last is the lotion version which gives different effect for the skin, It help soften the pores so the skin is ready to absorb nutrients from the moisturizing products or serums or whatever you want your skin to absorb.

Done with the type now here's the thing for Step 2 (Toner/Soften):
Please do not skip this step, many still even don't know this step existed. What this step does is preparing your skin, some toner/lotion also help pick up the leftover debris or tighten pores, gives antibacterial effect, or soothes the skin. Some contain alcohol, perfume, extra nutrients like vitamins and so many more. Choose according to your needs.

Here are some of the reviews from the products above or I've used but no pics:

Simple Soothing Facial Toner.
It contain Chamomile, witch hazel, and suitable for sensitive skin since it doesn't have any perfume, color, dermatologically tested and approved. Use it day and night after cleansing. For me it help refreshed the skin and more clarified (less oily). But for me it pretty much basic and don't have additional 'value' for using it.

Kawaii Tokyo Blossom Fountain Brighten Up Junsui.
This multi-effect lotion is said can be use as a facial mist, toner/lotion, and refresher. I love the smell when I spray them on my face, so fragrant (but still not an edt/edp, so the scent went away in 5 minutes). I like how simple it is to use it and can be use anytime anywhere. To help set my makeup, makes my powder makeup looks more natural, re-hydrating, I even use it on hair during hot days or fully air con places. The water is so light and feels gentle too. It is said that it contain 10 different flowers extract and water from Mt. Fuji. Check out their website here.

Aqualabel MO range Lotion R (rich).
It suits dry skin as the lotion contains more moisturizing effect. I like the fact that the lotion help soften the skin so it prepares the skin to absorbs moisture and nutrients from serum/mask/moisturizer. The subtle scent of rose is beautiful and comforting.


The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Toner.
Contain antibacterial agent- duh! Tea tree oils, so it help those bacteria magnet to lessen the emerging of acne. Suitable for acne prone skin and oily skin too.

I still got so many more (seriously, I'm doing an inventory now) and wondering how come a person got so many toners/softeners, is it normal????

Well if anyone of you want me to review other toner (that I haven't review yet) just drop a comment and let me know.

Continue to part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment