Friday, August 26, 2011

Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion and Moisturizer



Finally I get my hands on one of the best seller in Kiehl's where they even sell these products in giant bottles . . . will take a pic on my next visit to their store. Oh and have you visited their stores, for me honestly at the first time it's kinda intimidating, I don't know, it's just the layouts and settings can be a bit more friendlier but as I step in I found out that the KCRs are actually quite friendly and accommodate my needs. They never push a sell on me and honest in telling their stuff . . . hmm unique . . . in a good way ^___^

Now, back to the Blue Herbal range, here are some details from Kiehls.com:

Formulated in 1964, the iconic formula was created for oily, blemish prone skin.

• Formulated in 1964, this unique formulation has been created for use after shaving or on oily-prone areas.
• While the multipurpose facial astringent was created for use on oily-prone areas, patrons with oilier skin employ it as an all-over toner.
• Male customers rely on it as a post-shave facial treatment.
• Just ask for the “Blue Stuff”!
• Use with Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser for best results.
Cool Kiehl’s Fact: When our chemists developed Kiehl’s iconic multi-purpose toner in 1964, its popularity took off almost from the start. Over forty years later, we attribute its appeal not only to its superior quality, but also its versatility. Kiehl’s male patrons tell us they use it as a post-shave treatment to soothe skin and prevent razor discomfort. Legend has it that Andy Warhol was a fan!


and the moisturizer:



Inspired by Kiehl’s iconic Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion® for oily, blemish prone skin.


• Inspired by Kiehl’s venerable and most enduring preparation, Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion.
• Oil-free moisturizer is quickly absorbed and penetrates pores to eliminate most acne blemishes and allow skin to heal.
• An additional balancing effect allows the formula to mattify skin, reducing the appearance of pores and leaving skin with a matte, hydrated appearance and texture.
• Non-comedogenic formulation helps prevent new acne blemishes from forming.

So, it's strictly for oily skin. Since my skin is not oily, I let my husband try it on his face, while I'm trying it on my hands for at least I know how it feels on my skin ^___^




This blue (I love skincare, food, beauty products that blue) liquid is a BIG hit in Kiehl's. I hear so many reviews regarding this particular product and how they rave it. And I'm going to find out why. The cool refreshing Astringent is a bit sting on my hubby's skin, take note he have many scars from previous raging acne from puberty till' now, occasional acne, constant oily skin and prone to blemishes. After the sting is gone, within seconds actually, he feel the refreshing sensation and I can see how his skin turns brighter and clearer in one go. After that we continue with the moisturizer.




The color is not as blue as the lotion and it is the most interesting moisturizer I have ever witness. The gel is so fun (yes, FUN) and when I applied it to my husband's facial skin, it just melt like a butter. So smooth and goes easily along the way and as it spread all the areas touch by this gel immediately turn matte. It was like awesome! But please read the instruction:

 Cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying medication - Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily - Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor - If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once every day or every other day




Hubby feels sting for 1 minute then he is comfortable and his face is completely shine-free. The pores look finer and he look whiter too, the skin is like mildly exfoliating. I was really amazed by the mattefying effect. I haven't found, use, or even know any other moisturizer that was able to do this.

My verdict:
  • This product can only be use for oily skin and oily skin only. So the verdict is only for them.
  • You'll love the refreshing blue color, scent and effect on your skin. If your skin is prone to acne, you'll love how it help drying your acne in a jiffy and gives a comfort of a clean and matte skin.
  • The texture of a cool gel is just so adorable and even thou' I can't use it, just by looking at it makes me happy haha! ^0^ Oh, I think I can use it, only on my zits. Not on my overall skin thou'. 
So there! I even make excuses for myself so I can use it ^__^, oily skin owners, you have find your solution. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment