Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion


Hello ^__^

From my recent visit to Luxola, they gave me bunch of skincare since they know I do uses skincare daily and would not missed a single moment of getting to know more and more about skincare and one lovely thing I notice is that, inside Luxola there's a team that will decide which products they are going to bring in the family and which doesn't by actually trying and using the products.

I find that fact to be endearing and assuring at the same time. They actually believe in the products they sell. And Mario Badescu's are one of the brand they love.


Below is the Special Cucumber Lotion.




Details from http://www.mariobadescu.com

Refreshing, disinfecting and deep cleaning astringent that is effective in drying up existing acne blemishes while preventing new eruptions. Sulfur and soothing Cucumber based, acne fighting formula that is non-drying and non-irritating.

How to Use: Twice daily after cleansing, pat skin dry and apply lotion dampened cotton by wiping in an outward direction until cotton comes up clean. Avoid eye area. Follow with moisturizer or night cream.

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Isopropyl Alcohol,Sodium Sulfate,Cucumber Extract,Nonoxynol-9,Boric Acid


I was quite concern with the fact that the product is made for those with acne prone skin, since I have none and still wants to try, I give it a shot just to know how it goes. The yellow liquid can be easily poured to a cotton pad, the scent is well, like astringent, so I wasn't surprised by the alcohol felt instantly. It's not as drying as most astringent do, but definitely not in the moisturizing range. Not irritating is proven since my cheeks are not angry but still, this product best used for those with acne prone to see how effective it is. My sister and my husband are the correct people to do the job.

Both didn't complain. My sister didn't feel anything bothers her when using this toner, so does the dehydrated skin of my husband. Normally he was quite sensitive with everything where alcohol is involved, but this one is definitely milder where 'non drying and non irritating' is stated for his sensitive, red and easily irritated skin, it was better. He still feels something a bit sting on that yellow liquid (really just a bit) as he does have a very sensitive skin (especially when stress), but compared to other acne prone astringent he uses, this one is definitely his choice for being gentler to his skin.

I applaud the non drying formula and non irritating too and for me those PMS acne are no where to be seen. Let's just say, so far so good ^__^


No comments:

Post a Comment