Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Laneige Essential Balancing Emulsion Moisture

Hello lovelies,

after series of shampoos and hair care products, I'll never forget to review skincare heehee. This is one of the item which I desperately need as my skin is dry and toner, serum, moisturizer alone is not enough, I need something that boost the moisture between the serum and moisturizer, it's the emulsion (thank God for Korean beauty products).

-*-


Similar with Japanese product in terms of layering the skin ... oh wait, just remember something, during winter, the principal in Japan of using layering in clothing is the same, instead of putting on 1 thick jacket, it is more effective to do layers.... back to the skin, I think it's similar.

Like the skin wont be able to take much if I spread one thick super rich cream compared to putting on softener or toner, serums, emulsion and then moisturizer, it is much more beneficial as the skin able to absorb better as one light product prepare the other.

Why do I choose Laneige? For the 'water' principal of the skin needs moisture more than any other ingredients to keep them healthy, radiant and young.

-*-

Here are some details from Laneige

Moisture – “Essential Balancing Emulsion_Moisture” for combination, dry skin

Moisture care for dry skin with flaky dead skin cells
The moisturizing type makes skin feel moisturized and soft
1. The moisturizing-type emulsion moisturizes dry, flaky skin as it is softly and densely absorbed into skin.

2. Laneige Water Balancing Activator restores skin’s moisture balance and keeps skin moisturized by preventing loss of moisture.

3. Its ingredient of jojoba oil keeps skin moisturized and soft with its moisturizing effect.

Essential Power Skin Refiner
Hydro-ion Mineral Water effectively provides moisturizing energy to skin faster
* Hydro-ion Mineral Water
As Laneige’s representative moisture property, Hydro-ion Mineral Water is obtained by stabilizing plant-derived minerals extracted from nourishing Quinoa with water. It provides moisturizing energy to skin effectively and fast.
Essential Balancing Emulsion
Water Essential Activator™ keeps moisture balance and retains moisture evenly for long hours.
* Water Essential Activator™
Laneige Water Essential Activator is made of Opuntia ficus-Indica Extract, a kind of cactus that’s resistant to dryness, and Arginine, a kind of amino acid.  It keeps skin’s moisture balance and keeps skin moisturized by preventing loss of moisture.

Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Propanediol, Sucrose Stearate, Beta-Glucan, Magnesium Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Opuntia coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Betula alba Juice, Chenopodium quinoa Seed Extract, Glycogen, Polyglutamic Acid, Jojoba Seed Oil, Arginine, Mannitol, PCA, Serine, Sucrose, Citrulline, Alanine, Threonine, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCL, Histidine HCl, Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Calcium Chloride, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Aromatics

-*-

The product comes in a blue pump bottle, a typical sign of a skincare that emphasize in water or moisture. I love that it comes in pump, it is more hygienic and helps making sure we don't waste the product such as on jars. Hopefully they don't put much preservatives in there.

Hmm, based on the ingredients, there still ingredients such as glycerin and silicone (dimethiconol), so for those allergic to these ingredients may experience some discomfort. Like there's no one perfect formula for everyone, there's no one ultimate holy grail skincare as well, all have flaws, the key is to find the best one that fits you.

So far, Laneige haven't fail to please me, they are not perfect, indeed, but pretty good. I never experience discomfort nor visible allergic reaction using their products, finger crossed, they keep improving to getting better and safer plus more effective ingredients.

-*-


Like mentioned above, I use the emulsion between serum and moisturizer on daily basis, the product has shown good results in keeping my skin moist without the greasy nor oily effects. It helps my skin to look and appear better. Layering seems to be working well for me. Simply by adding one at a time start after cleansing the skin, toning or using a face mist, serum ( any serum according to my skin needs from aging to vit c or even hdyrating ), and then this emulsion and then moisturizer. And so far, Laneige Essential Balancing Emulsion Moisture works well with any other product I have at home, from many other brands and variants.

-*-



The white creamy gel melts on the touch of the skin, it's cooling (not minty) and feels good. It helps keeping the skin moist longer, I can feel the difference between using it in my routine or when not. The scent is there but not overwhelming and doesn't bother me, I didn't love it but I'm not hating it too. It's something that just passes me by.

I use the product around a pump, it is usually enough for my face and a bit on my neck, when I feel like splurging, two pumps will fills me in until the whole neck.

-*-




Overall, it's a great product, especially for those with dry skin or loves traveling, somehow during traveling my skin becomes drier due to the schedule or perhaps when in the flights, long haul flights depleted my skin's moisture in a far worst way possible, I remember having to force myself using face mask so my skin wont break, the dryness can be unbearable, and having face mist can be a savior. Spraying them every hour helps me, and my breathing too. So carrying a lotion insight a flight is always a good idea, if not, try to pamper the skin as best as possible before and after, like using this emulsion as an addition to the skincare routine instead of just toner, serum, and moisturizer.

-*-





So, there you go, a skincare that officially become an addition in my daily skincare routine, something that helps the skin to stay moist, retain water and works well in giving them a boost of radiance.

2 comments:

  1. kalau sama yang laneige water sleeping bank enakan mana kak?

    mampir juga ke fiqhiafix.blogspot.com kalau sempet :)

    ReplyDelete