Thursday, October 1, 2015

Real Techniques Travel Essential

Hi everyone!!

I hope I'm not too late in reviewing these brushes.

Yes, they are famous, yes many beauty bloggers and make up artist has been raving and recommending using these babies and I'm not here to debate about their reviews, more like, my point of view.

-*-


I received mine from redeeming points at Luxola, I guess I kinda forgot, Luxola does gave me points years ago and I didn't use them until last year. Yes, I have these brushes for around a year now heehee. At first, I was to 'sayang' using them as in I treated them like my treasure, and then I kinda think, what are they here for?! To be used, right! Months and months of using them, finally this review is made. I have to be careful as many beauty addicts out there are already saying how good these babies are, and I find them....not really, yikes!

-*-


I read their details and I'm filled with expectation, I'm thinking like they are the best in the business and I can't find any other that can be compared to them. Each of their brushes is like the must have tools for makeup application and beats any other brushes, you named them, Sigma, M.A.C, Shu Uemura's and many more, it's like the holy grail of all brushes...and I find them similar in terms of plus minus. Yes, I only have three, but these three are named to be essential and I think 3 does enough in helping me whether to continue collecting the whole collection or stop.

And I think I'd stop, at least for now.

-*-


Are they bad? Well no. Comparing to most brushes in the market, they are actually good, but there are better ones and more affordable too.

Let's start from the foundation brush.

-*-


The one in orange-yellow-golden colored handle.

-*-



The brushes works great with runny liquid foundation, but for those with slightly creamy texture and somet
ime on lights ones too, it leaves strikes on the skin and seems like they are not really creating that super fine base that I want too. In fact, the foundie brush from The Body Shop works better.

I love the lightness of the brushes, the handle are made from aluminum-like (as in I don't really know the material but feels like it in terms of lightness) material and feels light as in airy and help to support a finer touch. But the brushes, hmm, yes, The Body Shop foundie brush works finer on my skin. A cheap Daisho sponge also able to replace this brush >.<

-*-

Next is the big pink colored handle with big fluffy-kinda brush for powder makeup. Including loose powder, compact and blush on.

I love this one. I find it works better for my compacts and loose, it is firm enough for that medium coverage yet light enough for loose powder airy and soft finish. I can easily maneuver by the strength of my pressure .

Caron's puff still the winner in terms of applying loose powder thou.

-*-


Before I continue, remember my disclosure and these are just my personal experience in using these brushes.

-*-


Next, the smallest one on the set, comes in purple handle and made for applying eye shadow or also helps applying contour lines for nose bridge.

-*-


This is the best ones so far and I find it rather irreplaceable to any other brushes I have. No need to compare this particular brush to a tacky small thingy you found inside the eye shadow palette, they are the worst >.< (well, not all brands, only a lot of them), this is the brush that you'll need to apply, blend and define those eyes.

You do need a smaller brush for eyeliner, but this one do it's job wonderfully as an eyeshadow brush. I haven't try M.A.C's thou, many says they have the best eye shadow brush. Nevertheless, I'm still raving this one and find no fault whatsoever, why bother changing?!

-*-


So there you go, my say on Real Technique Travel Essential, some are just a bit overrated while some do works wonder, still, they are much better than most brushes on the market.

-*-


Thank you Luxola Indonesia!!

-*-




Case closed ^__^

1 comment:

  1. Aku juga punya seri ini, well hampir semua seri RT yang lama2 aku punya, dulu taun 2012 aku beli semuanya langsung dari situs onlinenya hihihi...

    Tapi emang yang paling kusuka yang ini, soalnya praktis buat di bawa ke mana2 sudah mencakup semuanya lagi. Kayak pas aku travelling ke Medan sama Jakarta tahun 2013, ini lah yang senantiasa ikut di koper aku ^___^v

    http://farrelandmerry.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete