Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Liese Jewel Pink


Hi everyone!!!

I'm coloring my hair again, this time it's at home. I've tried coloring my hair by myself since I'm in high school and so far enjoying the process. Hair colorant business has been going up with more and more products that's so easy, anyone can do it by themselves. Like Liese Bubble Hair Color, a lovely foam which make coloring easier and help the colors to distribute better and faster.

-*-




I know a lot of colorants, from the creamy texture, liquid, and thicker liquid. So far I like the foam/bubble type since it is definitely a winner when used at home without anyone's help. Zero dripping, zero mess, and 100% coverage. The Jewel Pink is one of the colors carries by Liese, thank you for sending me some ^^

-*-

This is my before hair condition, multiple colors, and a lot of fading. The roots also need a touch up and an event with shu uemura is coming soon heehee, I want to be the princess with pink hair.

-*-



Here are the items inside the packaging and oh a hair treatment sachet is hiding under the white board thingy (gloves home).


-*-






Found the details here: www.kao.com/sg/liese/

There's a video as well to show how easy it is using the product.

-*-



The first thing is to do an allergy test. Remember that a colorant can cause SEVERE allergy reaction to those with high sensitivity. DO it accordingly, especially with those who have allergy to any kind of colorant, from makeup to other chemical substance.

After it was done, wait 24 hours to see the reaction, sadly if you have allergy, you may not use it T_T.

If not, you can ^^

Use it when you haven't wash your hair that day, 2-3 days also okay, dirty, but okay. Natural oils actually protect your scalp from the harsh chemical, don't be surprise as I say hair colorant is a harsh chemical just smell it.

Then, open the window far and wide, let the air circulate so you won't suffocate, use your ugliest clothes and prepare the mixture for a coloring process.

-*-




Mix it by moving it up and down, gently, don't shake it like you're making a dirty martini.

-*-



Make sure there's no bubbles inside the bottle, the foam should be made by the pump, not by shaking it vigorously.

-*-




Put the pump and press the bottle gently to dispense the lovely foam. Comb your hair before to help remove the tangles for a smooth coloring action.

-*-


Don't forget to use the gloves ya and massage the foam so they'll able to reach every nook and corner of your hair. The pump is very good as it was able to get the last drop of the liquid. The foam does smells like chemicals, so never forget to open the airways at your home or wherever you're using it at.

-*-



Then, after all the foam needed are distributed, wait 20-30 minutes. I wait for 30 minutes where some drippings suddenly start appearing, so for me 30 minutes is definitely maximum time. And I can feel the scalp getting a bit itch as well. Mild, but I can feel it. My hair is not thick so I think 30 minutes is suitable for my condition, and I was right.

-*-



I rinse everything off with plenty of water, making sure the water runs clear and I know all of the 'leftovers' are removed from the hair. Grab the conditioner and use it abundantly so all the hair (not scalp) get the nutrients.

Do a treatment 1-2 times weekly and use the correct type of products for your colored hair. Use a hat or umbrella when under the sun.

-*-





Here's the result after the hair being 90% dried ^__^ the coverage is well done, the color is exactly like shown at the packaging, the hair still smell like the chemical (can't help but notice) and even-toned.

Would I do it again? Definitely! I'll try different color next time, I'm looking for ash or deep red, or perhaps blue-black ^^.

Thank you Liese Singapore.

2 comments:

  1. err, about the 24 hour allergy test. Do you have to buy a separate product for the test? Is it okay to use the very same product to color your hair? I noticed that if you leave the product for about 2-3 hours they changed color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fenn,

    No, when you get the products they have two bottles to be mixed, just read and follow the instruction available at the packaging (any hair colorant have instruction on allergy test).

    NEVER wait 2-3 hours, always immediately use them after mixing both chemicals provided, again, every details is available at the packaging, read before usage.

    ReplyDelete