NEW PURE COLOR BLUSH
“Cheeks come to life when you accentuate the highlights and contours — it’s what defines a woman.”
– Tom Pecheux, Creative Makeup Director, Estée Lauder
Estée Lauder introduces a new generation of cheek color with NEW Pure Color Blush. Now cheeks are vibrant with fresh, radiant color in an expansive new palette of shades that embrace a diverse range of skin tones High-performance technology combines with skin-loving ingredients in this ultra-silky, modern powder blush to add instant dimension and glamour to the face, from a soft flush of color to dramatic contours that last all day.
Created in collaboration with Estée Lauder’s world-renowned Creative Makeup Director, Tom Pecheux, new Pure Color Blush allows women to experience a dynamic new cheek palette of amplified and multi-faceted color with innovative textures and finishes. Cheeks have never been so ready to glow!
6 Fresh, Modern Shades
A luscious new palette of bold brights and subtle hues, with a chic, modern point of view that fits seamlessly into the world of Pure Color:
• 6 chic cheek shades of pinks, peaches and sensual plums add a caress of modern glamour to the face. From subtle to sublime, the palette enhances cheeks of every skin tone with a subtle radiance and feminine sheen.
2 Cheek-Loving Finishes
Cheeks are enhanced from natural to contoured with two beguiling new finishes that masterfully combine tone and texture:
• SATIN: This texture creates a soft, low sheen on cheeks for a true satin finish and refined luminosity.
• SHIMMER: This high shimmer finish creates maximum volume shades with prismatic light-reflecting pearls for a sophisticated cheek shimmer.
High-Performance, Long-Lasting Formula
Pure Color Blush’s new, advanced formula transforms cheekbones with a naturally radiant appearance that lasts all day long:
• Exclusive True Vision™ Technology wraps concentrated pigments in a crystal-like coating to provide lasting, maximum color impact and enhanced wear.
• A skin-loving antioxidant complex featuring Cranberry and Goji Berry extracts and “Luminous Optic” technology brings out cheeks’ inner glow by adding natural radiance and dimension.
• The lightweight formula dusts skin with a smooth, non-drying, buildable coverage.
Sophisticated Oversized Palette
• Extra large palette in an iconic, oversized luxury golden compact allows for lots of cheek play.
• Exclusive contouring brush specifically developed for use with the Pure Color Blush formula provides a radiant, smooth application, maximum adhesion and the perfect laydown of buildable color.
NEW Pure Color Blush will be available at Estée Lauder counters nationwide in September 2012. Suggested Retail Price: TBC
Estée Lauder Pure Color Blush Continuous Shades:
6 Shades :
• Peach Nuance
• Radiant Peach
• Girly Pink
• Rose Nuance
• Pink Pop
• Pink Kiss
New Pure Color Blush
Q&A with Tom Pecheux
Creative Makeup Director, Estée Lauder
Q: What can you tell us about the new blush shade lineup?
A: When you create a new blush collection, as a makeup artist you try to make sure that you have everything in your kit for everyone, for every occasion. So we created a very wide color selection that will fit every tone for any occasion from a light whisper of color to deep and dramatic.
Q: How would you recommend determining your right shade of blush? Is there a trick to
determining if a shade of blush will work for you?
A: First, you need to define what you are looking for whether it is a blush to give you a warmer touch color or fresh and fruity pop of color. Also, you need to decide where you want to apply your blush. Is it going to contour your face or color your cheeks? If you want to contour your face, choose the shades that have a brown base and are a little bit darker than your skintone so it blends without looking harsh. If you want to color your cheeks, look for shades that are more pink, tangerine, raspberry and melon and apply perfectly on the apples of your cheeks.
Q: What are your tips for properly applying the new Pure Color Blush?
A: I like to use is the Estée Lauder Blush Brush and I grab a little bit of color at a time. Take the brush and sweep it once across the blush and then tap the brush on the mirror to make sure the pigments get worked into the brush instead of just sitting on the top. This will make the color go on evenly—not patchy or streaky.
Q: Your picks are very bold. What type of look were you thinking of when creating these bright cheek shades?
A: When I created this collection I was thinking fashion and attitude. Fashion is never looking for weakness and loving all looks and colors and I created a collection that can do everything. Fashion loves character, power, individuality, and high femininity and this collection represents those same characteristics.
Q: What eye and lip would you recommend to pair with these bold blushes?
A: I love the bold shades of blush and picked 3 favorites that will be introduced as a limited edition in 2012 through select stores. When doing a bold blush, pair with either a bold lip or bold eyes. This creates a perfect balance to the face with just 2 points of color. If you do all three then you will have too much vivid color and it will not look as sophisticated as you would like